Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Manitoba Canada Glorious and Free

The motto of Manitoba is Glorious and Free.

Flags in Manitoba

The flag of Manitoba is the red Ensign or “red duster” with a shield of the provincial coat of arms that has the St. George Cross and a Buffalo that reminds them of the buffalo that used to roam the prairies.

Windmill and Corn Field in Manitoba

The prairies that are now farm land and windmills.

I did see a buffalo..but it was at the zoo. 

IMG_7033

I finally got a photo that has been on my bucket list..a baby buffalo.  I love the Zoo..and this Zoo has been on my list for a revisit for a really long time.  These buffalo seemed scruffy but content.  ( More on the Zoo another day.)

The Great Grey Owl is the Provincial bird.  I usually don’t think very much of sculptures..but I thought this one was very well done.

The Great Grey Owl at the Forks in Winnipeg

 

IMG_7164

It says: Great Wise Owl

Animals of the region set in the Great Grey Owl the emblematic bird of Manitoba.

This sculpture was down at “The Forks” at the area in Winnipeg where the Red River and the Assiniboine River meet.  Where Aboriginal people, fur traders, buffalo hunters and immigrants  met long ago. 

There now, you and I have all learned just a little bit more about one of our Northern Neighbors:)

Blog Signature

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar