I ordered this particular lipgloss while shopping some stuffs on Fashion and You website a couple of months back. Below is how the gloss looks like:
Quantity: 8ml
Price: Around 450/- on sale from Fashion and You
My experience with Ambika Pillai's Cotton Candy Lipgloss:
Frankly speaking, my sole reason of checking this out was the fact that the Ambika Pillai's lite lipglosses come with lights attached on the caps and a mirror on one side of the bottle. I was quite intrigued about the whole concept and packaging, so thought of trying this out. Now, since I've started using it, I figured out that I didn't have even a single dark colored lipgloss, and this shade was dark and so much fun to wear that it was like an icing on the cake for me.
Quantity: 8ml
Price: Around 450/- on sale from Fashion and You
So, here is the lipgloss, swatches and how it looks on me:
Below are some pros and cons of this lipgloss:
1) I absolutely love the packaging; in fact packaging was all that I was drooling over right from the beginning.
2) The gloss comes with a sponge applicator, making it quite easy to apply.
3) I've found the consistency of this gloss a little bit thicker than my other glosses. Though, it does not feel sticky at all. The texture of the gloss is quite smooth. It glides and blends well on my lips.
4) I really like the bright pink shade of the gloss. Though it looks somewhat scary in the bottle, the color turns out really beautiful on the lips. It is neither too dark nor too light; just perfect for a lovely, summery pink pout!
5) The gloss smells a bit of strawberries to me, even though the name is cotton candy. I love strawberry smells. Also the smell vanishes within few minutes of application.
6) Though you might find it funny, but the light on its cap and the switch work like an excellent stress buster for me. Whenever I feel tensed about something, I hold the gloss and go on-off... er..you got it! Its super fun!! :)
Cons
1) Availability: I don't know how many cities have Ambika Pillai's cosmetics available in India.
2) Staying power: Although it has a thick texture and bright color, the gloss doesn't stay too long on my lips. I can expect a max stay of 1 hour, that too when I am not eating or drinking anything.
3) I don’t find it very moisturizing. Though it is not super drying, it is not hydrating either. It has a tendency to settle in fine lines, so you need to exfoliate and pamper your lips well to carry this shade elegantly.
Overall verdict: It is a fun, summery shade and I love to wear it when I am feeling a bit low or dull. It instantly brightens up my face and mood too. I love the light it gives in dark and it’s a great fun to play with! The mirror at the side of the bottle is just apt enough for you to see either one eye or your lips, making it really handy for touch ups. As far as the usage of light is concerned, I guess it is built keeping in mind the frequent and unsuspected power cuts in India, so that you can do the touch ups no matter where you are!
Rating: 3/5
Have you tried Ambika Pillai's lipglosses? Share your experience with me in your comments.
0 Yorumlar